Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Top Users Recent Messages Terms of service

Advanced

bus Latest KTEL bus timetable

This forum is currently read only. This is a permanent situation. Visit our new forum at www.sfakia-crete-forum.com.
Home
Photos
Maps

bus Latest KTEL bus timetable
27 June, 2013 12:22

I see new timetable out on 26 June. I can't recall seeing a morning bus advertised to Aradena from Sfakia before. Although I have read in the forum about one in the summer-but here it is advertised departing Sfakia at 0830 & from Aradena at 0900. Yet more good news--- 4 buses a day from Sfakia to Frangokastello & 4 returning from Frangokastello to Komatides.
Really good news for locals, tourists & especially walkers wanting to walk the gorges to the east of Sfakia.
Well done KTEL.
Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2013 12:33 by Erno.
Re: bus Latest KTEL bus timetable
27 June, 2013 12:37

Thank you Dave for this indeed very good news!

All the best,

Erno
webmaster Sfakia-Crete.com
27 June, 2013 13:33

Thanks for the timetable, however......, what time in the afternoon can I catch the bus in Komitades and does it stop in Sfakia as well?

Paul
27 June, 2013 13:58

Hi Paul,

I think the buses from Frangokastello and Komitades to Chania leave you at the road crossing after Komitades, from where you have to walk to Chora Sfakion, while the bus continues to Chania.

Otherwise there would be more buses leaving from Chora Sfakion to Chania then are mentioned in the timetable:

So, catching a bus in Komitades is possible at about 15 minutes after it has left Frangokastello, but it has little use if you want to go from Komitades to Chora Sfakion: it will only bring you a little out of the village to the road crossing. Thus the flourishing taxi business in Komitades will not be ruined winking smiley

All the best,

Erno
27 June, 2013 14:13

Hello Erno,

Thank you for your reply. I see, there will be no other solution than to catch a taxi, as mentioned in your message.

See you in Sfakia,

Paul
27 June, 2013 19:08

Good news indeed, and it's churlish to complain, but it would have been even better news for those of us who stay in Loutro, Finix, or Likkos if KTEL had thought of synchronising either bus with the ferry timetable. sad smiley
27 June, 2013 19:25

Synchronising the timetables would mean to enable you and your wallet to leave the area quickly, and that is not in their interest winking smiley

All the best,

Erno
27 June, 2013 21:12

NO intention of leaving the area quickly, Erno. I'd like to stay forever. I'd just quite like to get to Anopolis - and maybe even Aradena - without the long uphill trek from Finix.
27 June, 2013 22:11

Hi Julie,

Late afternoon ferry from Loutro, stay overnight in Chora Sfakion, and early morning bus to Anopoli... what is the problem? grinning smiley

All the best,

Erno
27 June, 2013 20:36

Hello All, I had an email reply from KTEL saying that indeed the buses from Frangokastello all go back to Sfakia, they have ammended the timetable.
Dave
27 June, 2013 21:51

Thanks again Dave for reporting this important change!

KTEL indeed have changed the route description:

instead of Frangokastello - Komitades - Hania

it is now:

Frangokastello - Komitades - Sfakia

So, the before flourishing taxi business in Komitades will be ruined. *_o

They should also ammend the second part of the timetable at the top: they mention 2 times Sfakia - Anopoli - Aradena, where the second one needs to be the return trip Aradena - Anopoli - Sfakia.

All the best,

Erno
28 June, 2013 09:50

Do you know when the summer timetable finishes? I assume when school starts in September, which means no similar bus service for hikers in October.
28 June, 2013 11:44

At the bottom of this timetable is written:

timetables do change according to seasonal needs, 
especially from April to June and from 
September to begin of December.

So, indeed it seems to be valid until somewhere in September.

All the best,

Erno
27 June, 2013 22:26

Forgot to mention too that there is also an additional 1600 Hania to Sfakia service, which is very usefull for flights getting in to Hania in the afternoon. Regards Dave
27 June, 2013 22:52

Great news. This ammended timetable enables us to have lunch in Komitades and get on the bus back to Chora Sfakion at approx. 16.00 hrs.
Thanks Hiker!

Paul
28 June, 2013 03:18

>So, the before flourishing taxi business in Komitades will be ruined. <

Erno, you took the words right out of my mouth. smiling smiley

>Late afternoon ferry from Loutro, stay overnight in Chora Sfakion, and early morning bus to Anopoli... what is the problem? <

No problem! Only 30 or so euros worth of accommodation, and having to carry my toothbrush, etc, down the Aradena gorge. But that gives me an idea. For the same 30 euros I could take a taxi boat to Chora Sfakion in the morning.

Or maybe swim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2013 03:23 by Julie.
Home
Photos
Maps

Online Registered Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Simultaneous Guests: 114 on 03 December, 2012

View user locations

< Back to the Sfakia-Crete.com Main Page

Last update: 1 January, 2013.

Copyright © Sfakia-Crete.com 1999 - 2013. All rights reserved.